Somali’s Puntland State forces reportedly raided and destroyed a base belonging the Islamic State militants and killed several militants.
According to Admiral Abdirizak Dirie Farah, the commander of the Puntland Marine Police forces, the security forces following on intelligence raided the militant’s base in El Ladid, a village 30 kilometers south of the port town of Qandala on Sunday
During the raid several militants who were regrouping and making military buildup were successfully neutralized, Farah told Somali media. The forces also completely destroyed underground militant’s survival caches.
Puntland is a semi-autonomous region in northern Somalia which had fallen into the control of Islamic State linked militants but week, Puntland troop’s regained control of Qandala, the first town the IS-linked militants ever fully controlled in Somalia.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somali National Army (SNA) Refute Claims that Al-Shabaab Captured El Wak Town Somali National Army has refuted reports published by local media that Al-Shabaab […]
- AMISOM Troops Kill 6 Al-Shabaab Terrorists; Seize Bula-Gadud Location in Southern Somalia African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) troops, alongside the Somali National Army […]
- 5 Foreign Al-Shabaab-linked Suspects Arrested in Port City of Kismayo, Somalia Breaking media reports from Somalia indicate that at least five foreign Al-Shabaab […]
- Terrorist Attack on KDF El Adde Military Camp Similar to ISIS Technique EVENT SUMMARY 15th January 2016, Terrorist in Somalia attacked a remote KDF manned […]
- Somali National Army Troops Kill 7 Al-Shabaab Militants in Abdalla-Birole Southern Somalia MILITARY BRIEF March 2, 2016, Official military reports from Somalia indicate […]
- Captured Al-Shabaab Commander Paraded by Jubbaland Administration The interim Jubbaland administration in southern Somalia paraded an Al-Shabaab […]
- Somalia’s Ahlu Sunna Waljama’a Planning to Attack Galmudug Administration and Control the State The Somali based Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a militia has declared a full-fledged war on […]