Puntland military court sentenced six Al-Shabaab fighters to ten years in prison in Bosaso port town, Bari region of Somalia.
According to the chairman of Puntland military court, Col. Abdifatah Haji Adan the final decision of the court was made after evidence linked the six to a vicious terrorist group.
In February 2017, the military court in the Bosaso sentenced seven Al-Shabaab fighters to death penalty by firing squad due to their involvement in series of attacks in Bari region.
In the past few months, Bosaso has witnessed a wave of deadly attacks that targeted government officials and even on soft targets, claimed by terrorist groups –Al-Shabaab and ISIS.
- Puntland Handover 26 Al-Shabaab Prisoners to Somali Government in Mogadishu At least 26 Al-Shabaab terrorists were on Wednesday handed over to the Somali […]
- Puntland Military Court Sentences Two Men to Death over ISIL Links A military court in Somali’s semi-autonomous state of Puntland on Sunday […]
- KDF Convoy Escapes Roadside Bomb near Kismayo Town, Minor Injuries Reported Kenyan Defence Forces (KDF) supplies military convoy escaped roadside bomb that […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somali National Army (SNA) Troops Retake New Village, Madah-Kisi from Al-Shabaab Terrorists near Jowhar Town Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that Somali National Army (SNA) raided […]
- AMISOM Mortar Shelling Targets Al-Shabaab Bases near Mahaday in Middle Shabelle AMISOM troops in counter-terror operations fired mortar shelling that targeted […]
- Puntland State Forces Advance on Qandala Coastal Town, Kill Several pro-ISIL Militants Puntland State Forces continue to advance on the coastal town of Qandala […]
- Puntland Forces Deployed in Coastal Town of Qandala to Repel Pro-ISIS Terrorists Latest military reports from Somali semi-autonomous Puntland State indicate that it […]