At least 26 Al-Shabaab terrorists were on Wednesday handed over to the Somali government in Mogadishu.
According to military intelligence source, the transferred Al-Shabaab fighters included the young children as young as nine. They were recently sentenced to rehabilitation because of their age.
About a 100 Al-Shabaab terrorists were captured in March this year during fierce clash between Puntland government forces and Al-Shabab group in Mudug and Nugal regions
In June Puntland military court sentenced 43 of the captured Al-Shabaab terrorists who were above the age of 18 years to death by firing squad.
Early September, the military court also sentenced 28 of Al-Shabaab fighters to 15-20 years in prison.
This is first time that Puntland government has transferred Al-Shabaab prisoners to the Somali government in Mogadishu.
- Puntland Military Court Sentences 6 Al-Shabaab Fighters to 10 Years in Prison Puntland military court sentenced six Al-Shabaab fighters to ten years in prison in […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Puntland Military Court Start Trial of More Than 100 Al-Shabaab Militants OSINT SUMMARY The semi-autonomous state of Puntland has begun the trial of […]
- Six Al-Shabaab Members Sentenced By A Somali Military Court EVENT SUMMARY Thursday 25th February 2016, Latest military reports from Somalia […]
- Kenya Army Bombs Al Shabaab Camps in Gedo, Southern Somalia Kenya air-force conducted airstrikes targeting Somali Islamists in Gedo region of […]
- AMISOM’s KDF Troops Kill More than 100 Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Afmadhow, Lower Jubba Somalia AFMADOW, Somalia: Military intelligence (MI) reports from Somalia confirm that KDF […]
- Somali President Fires NISA Chief Spy OSINT SUMMARY June 15, 2016, Somali President fired chief spy of the National […]
- Al-Shabaab Attempted Raids on AU Army FOB Repulsed near Somali Capital Heavily armed Al-Shabaab terrorists Tuesday evening attempted to breach in a military […]