Security forces in the semi-autonomous region of Puntland State intercepted a truck carrying explosive making material and arrested two terror operatives. The truck was from Baladwayne town and was headed to Hirshabelle State.
The security forces acting on intelligence intercepted the truck at the control point of Bosaso town and arrested two people who were in board suspected of having ties with the Al-Qaeda-linked Al-Shabaab terrorist group.
Apart from bomb making materials, military uniforms, cell phones, chargers vehicle number plates were recovered.
Security situation in Puntland remains shaky following entrant of ISIS faction that broke ways with Al-Shabaab. The group led by Abdikadir Muumin is responsible of terror activities in the region though more than 100 terror operatives including under age have been nabbed.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Four ISIS Suspects Detained for 3 Days as Probe Continues A Kenyan court on Wednesday 12th October 2016 ordered four ISIS suspects to be […]
- Roadside IED Hits Puntland Military Vehicle in Galgala Mountains A roadside Improvised Explosive Device (IED) has hit a military […]
- Puntland Forces Recapture Qandala, Kill over 40 ISIS Terrorists Army soldiers of Somali’s semi-autonomous Puntland State have […]
- Puntland Forces Prepare Battle Operation to Retake Qandala Town form ISIS Somali’s Puntland forces continue to prepare a major […]
- U.S. Department of State Adds Abdiqadir Mumin, Somali ISIS Leader to Global Terrorist List U.S. Department of State added Abdiqadir Mumin, Somali ISIS leader to global […]
- Puntland Forces Deployed in Coastal Town of Qandala to Repel Pro-ISIS Terrorists Latest military reports from Somali semi-autonomous Puntland State indicate that it […]
- Islamic State in Puntland, Somalia Driven Outside Qandala Port Town An Islamic State faction in semi-autonomous Puntland continues to dwindle in numbers […]