Puntland Forces Beef Up Security in Volatile Galkayo Town
Galkayo is the capital town of Mudug region is usually frequented clashes between Puntland and Galmudug.
According to Mohammed Ise Warsame, the second Deputy Governor of Mudug, the security forces launched an operation to ensure security is restored in Galkayo.
The security operation comes two days after Puntland’s police chief Abdikadir Shire Farah appointed Osman Hassan Awke also called (Af-dolow) as the new police officer of Mudug region.
Galkayo is divided into two parts, one administered by Puntland and other by Galmudug.
- 4 Al-Shabaab Operatives killed in Deadly Clash with SNA Forces in Afgoye At least four Al-Shabaab operatives were killed in a deadly clash with government […]
- Mandera Governor Ali Roba Call on Residents to Help Government Fight Terrorists Mandera governor Ali Roba has called on residents to help the government fight […]
- Four ISIS Suspects Detained for 3 Days as Probe Continues A Kenyan court on Wednesday 12th October 2016 ordered four ISIS suspects to be […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Kill Al Shabaab Commander & Destroy Base in Bakol Raid OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 6th December 2015, a senior Al Shabaab commander was killed […]
- 30 Suspected Al-Shabaab Militants Arrested in a Major Security Swoop in Lower Shabelle Lower Shabelle, March 14, 2016 At least 30 Al-Shabaab suspected were arrested […]
- Puntland Security Forces Destroy Islamic State Base, Kill Several Militants Somali’s Puntland State forces reportedly raided and destroyed a base belonging […]
- Southwest State Government Vow to Scale up Security in Lower Shabelle Region Following the recent spate of attacks targeting government forces and military bases […]
- Puntland State Forces Advance on Qandala Coastal Town, Kill Several pro-ISIL Militants Puntland State Forces continue to advance on the coastal town of Qandala […]