After the Sunday attack on Sahafi hotel in Mogadishu, Al Shabaab militants are now claiming to have conducted a series of ambush attacks against government troops.
The Al Qaeda branch inSomalia through their military spokesman, Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab and propaganda linked websites claimed to have attacked a military training camp on Monday 2nd November 2015 in southwest capital of Mogadishu.
The militants also claimed to have ambushed a Somali army convoy in Lower Shabelle region.
Lower Shabelle regional administrator Mohamed Shino confirmed there was an ambush on military convoy carrying US-trained soldiers at Waantabe area, some 45 kilometers from Balli-dogle air base on Monday afternoon.
Al Shabaab militants who thrive on propaganda warfare through their pro-militants websites claimed to have destroyed military trucks as well as killing some soldiers.
Mr. Shino downplayed those claims as wishful thinking as the government troops managed to ward-off the militant’s ambush and killed seven Al Shabaab fighters during the fierce exchange of fire that lasted for some hours.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) Surge Foretells Strategy EVENTS SUMMARY On 22 August 2015 Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen's Istishhadyin […]
- Military Fighter Jets Bombard Al Shabaab Militant’s Bases in Hiiraan Region Sunday 29th November 2015, Reports coming indicate that military jets have conduted […]
- Al Shabaab Propaganda Wing Claim Credit on IED Attack on KDF, Exaggerates on Casualty 23rd November 2015, At least 5 Kenya Army (KDF) officers were injured when an improvised […]
- KDF Fighter Jets Bomb Al-Shabaab Operational Base in TuloBarwaqo, Gedo Region MILITARY BRIEF Thursday 25th February 2016, Kenyan fighter jets are reported to have […]
- Al Shabaab Militant Group Suffers as Lower Shabelle Regional Commander is Killed in Drone Strike 23rd November 2015, Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen movement suffered yet another […]
- South West State Administration Refutes Al Shabaab Propaganda Claims OSINT SUMMARY Thursday 13th November 2015, South West State administration denied […]
- Senior Al Shabaab Figure Surrenders to Government Forces in Diinsoor Town, Somalia MILITARY BRIEF 29th December 2015, latest military reports from Somalia indicate that […]