Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta before leaving for a conference in London dismissed premature withdrawal of AMISOM troops in Somalia.
President Kenyatta termed withdrawal of AMISOM prematurely would be catastrophic. The president called on support for Somali National Army both in terms of training and weaponry.
Exiting Somalia before properly preparing Somali forces will leave a vacuum and consequently the problem will re-emerge.
The president maintained that it’s in the interest of Kenya to fight the enemy at his doorstep rather than premature exit and compromise the regional stability.
AMISOM Force Commander Lieutenant General Osman Noor Soubagleh also supported President Kenyatta position.
- Somalia Signs New International Agreement to Beef Up Security Somalia in the recently concluded London Conference signed a security agreement with its […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Meet UN Security Council Over AMISOM, Repatriation of Refugees AMISOM, DADAAB CLOSURE, May 20, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta […]
- Kenyan President Invited to Farmajo’s Inauguration Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta received a message from Somalia’s […]
- Somali President Makes First State Visit to Kenya Capital Nairobi Ahead Of IGAD Summit Wednesday 22/3/2017, the President of Somalia Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed and his […]
- UN Chief Persuade Kenya to Return Peacekeeping Force to South Sudan Kenyan troops agreed to return troops to South Sudan for peacekeeping mission after […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Say Security Border Wall Deter Terrorists EVENT SUMMARY, May 19, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta said […]