State House Nairobi, PSCU
According to a statement from the State House spokesman Manoah Esipisu on Sunday 12th June 2016, Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta is set to travel to Angola on Monday 13th June 2016 on official visit.
President Kenyatta will be attending the 6th Ordinary Summit of the International Conference on The Great Lakes Region, the statement read.
The Angola Summit will focus on issues affecting the region; peace and security, economic integration, humanitarian, environmental issues and governance.
The summit will provide a platform for Kenya to strengthen her relation with 12 other countries of International Conference on The Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) expected to attend the summit.
From Luanda, Angola, the president then will make an official visit to Belgium where he has been invited by the Prime Minister, Charles Michel.
President Kenyatta will be in Belgium for two days where he expected to hold bilateral talks in close-door meetings with Charles Michel and His Majesty King Phillipe.
The president will also meet with the President of the European Parliament, executives of the European Investment Bank and to hold private meetings with several other corporate leaders.
The president will also address Belgian Business Community and attend an EU-Africa event.
The East Africa economic powerhouse is set to strengthen its relations with Belgium, welcoming investments from the Belgium business community in a move set to reposition the country as the best regional destination for investments.
The President will return into the country from his visit on June 16.
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya’s Tourism Sector Makes Sh47Billion in First Half of 2016, Projects Sh100 Billion by Year-end Kenya has reaped Sh47 billion in the first half of 2016 according to Tourism Cabinet […]
- Kenya Decides To Go Alone On Oil Pipeline Construction ENERGY BRIEF, April 24, 2016 Kenya will go alone on the construction of […]
- Somali President Makes First State Visit to Kenya Capital Nairobi Ahead Of IGAD Summit Wednesday 22/3/2017, the President of Somalia Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed and his […]
- Kenya, Israel to Discuss Security During PM Netanyahu’s Visit NAIROBI: July 4, 2016, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected […]
- South Sudan Conflict, Combating Terrorism Tops President Uhuru Kenyatta & U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Discussion Monday 22nd August 2016, President Kenyatta and US Secretary of State John Kerry have […]
- Kenya Ready to Help South Sudan Handle Economic Challenges Following years of conflict/civil war in the world’s youngest nation, South […]
- Kenya & Turkey Support Somalia in Fight against Al-Shabaab Kenya and Turkey share the same vision on fighting terrorism and also on solving the […]