EVENT SUMMARY, May 24, 2016
Police in Kwale County launched manhunt operation to find killers of a reformed Al-Shabab member.
Subira Sudi Mwangole who had joined Al-Shabaab in 2008, went to Somalia for training before returning to Kenya in 2009.
Following government amnesty offer, Sudi surrendered himself to the Kenya government on February 2016.
Sudi gave insights on how Al-Shabaab operates. He was shot dead last week in Ukunda and the killers fled with his motorcycle.
County commissioner Kutswa Olaka said Subira Sudi Mwangole was among a group participating in the re-integration programme launched by the government.
Police are pursuing of key Somali Al-Shabaab returnees in several undisclosed locations believed to have a hand in his killing.
However, local residents urged to forward relevant information to the police that may help unearth Sudi’s killing.
- Reformed Al-Shabaab Defector Shot Dead in Kwale OSINT SUMMARY A Kenyan Al-Shabaab defector Subira Sudi Mwangole was […]
- Police Foil an Imminent Attack; Kill Al-Shabaab Member in Kwale SECURITY BRIEF Police in Kwale County thwarted an imminent terrorist attack […]
- 4 Terrorist Suspects Nabbed in Malindi, Coastal Region OSINT SUMMARY Police on Monday 20th June 2016, arrested four terror suspect […]
- Kenya Police Service Puts Sh 8 Million Bounty Reward on Four Al-Shabaab Terrorists SECURITY BRIEF Kenya Police Service Friday 26th February 2016, offered a bounty […]
- Kenya Government’s Amnesty Offer Attracts Criminal Gangs, Over 220 Criminals in Mombasa Surrender to Police Kenya government’s amnesty offer has attracted criminal gangs in […]
- British National Arrested in an Al-Shabaab Swoop in Gigiri Police drawn from Flying Squad and Special Crime Prevention Unit Tuesday midday […]
- Police Launch Manhunt of Al-Shabaab Suspects at Large in Kwale Police in Kwale have launched a manhunt of eight Al-Shabaab suspects who they say are […]
- Worrying: Assistant Chief in Kwale County Charged For Aiding Somali Terrorist Acquire Kenyan Identity Card An assistant chief in Kwale County was arraigned and charged in court for helping a […]