Police has listed six most wanted terror suspected linked to the recruitment for Al-Shabaab in Kenya.
Following investigations carried out by joint security agencies, the six Kenyan nationals have been linked with Somali based Al-Shabaab terrorist group. They have also been fighting alongside the terror group and conducting recruitment for the group.
The terror suspects whose photos have been released include; Abdullahi Jarso Kotola, Hassan Jarso Kotola, Hassan Abdalla Mushi, James Kimanthi Masai, Hamisi Swaleh Abdalla and Rama Mbwana Mbega.
- Abdullahi Jarso Kotola aka Seyfdeen hails from Marsabit. He is reportedly a member in the military wing of Al-Shabaab (Jaysh Ayman) where he holds a key position. Kotola is believed to have participated in the Mpeketoni attacks of June, 2014 which led to the killing of many innocent civilians.
- Abdullahi is the brother to Hassan Jarso Kotola. The brothers who hail from Marsabit are both believed to be keen members of the terror group are wanted for several deadly attacks in the country. Before leaving for Somalia to join the terror group, Kotola was a preacher at Daru Salaam Masjid along Nyayo road within Shauri yako area of Marsabit. In his teachings he used to entice and encourage youth to join Al-Shabaab.
- Hassan Abdalla Mushi aka Hassan Kuku. Hassan hails from Kibirigwi, East Kirinyaga. He has previously worked at Avenue Rescue Services and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) as a driver/first aid practitioner. He reportedly some years back converted to Islam before he left for Somali.
- James Kimanthi Masai aka Rafat is another terror figure who hails from Mutomo, Kitui. He is believed to have crossed over to Somalia to join Al-Shabaab and at some point has contributed to recruitment of youths into Al-Shabaab.
- Also listed on the most wanted is Hamisi Abdalla Swaleh. Hamisi is wanted for a number of terror attacks and abductions in North Eastern Province.
- Rama Mbwana Mbega also known as Junia comes from South Coast. Junia was recruited into Al-Shabaab while in Mombasa.
He is believed to have returned to Kenya in 2012 and is suspected to have taken been part of numerous attacks. Rama went back to Somalia in early 2014 and is still in communication with his fellow Jihadists in Kenya enticing them to join jihad. Currently believed to be holed in Boni forest.
Police has released their names and photos and calling the public to provide any information that would lead to their arrest. The public can give their information by calling the toll free numbers 999, 911 and 112 or visit the nearest police station.
One can also report them anonymously here: http://www.ct-ea.com/ (Report A Terrorist Anonymously).
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya Police Service Puts Sh 8 Million Bounty Reward on Four Al-Shabaab Terrorists SECURITY BRIEF Kenya Police Service Friday 26th February 2016, offered a bounty […]
- KDF Warplanes Strike Al-Shabaab Target in Southern Somalia Killing 10 Militants Including 4 Senior Commanders MILITARY BRIEF Reports from Somalia indicate that KDF has continued to bombard […]
- Kenya’s Anti-Terror Police Unit (ATPU) Arrests 5 Youth en route Somalia to Join Al-Shabaab Kenya’s Anti-Terror Police Unit (ATPU) managed to arrest five youth who on their way to […]
- KDF Kills 19 Al-Shabaab Militants in a Botched Attack in Afmadow Base, Somalia KDF Operational Update in Afmadow, March 17, 2016 An update by Kenya’s […]
- 3 Al-Shabaab Operatives Killed in Wayu Area, Tana River County Security report indicate that at least three Al-Shabaab operatives were on Monday gunned […]
- Kenya Security Agencies Jointly Thwarts Terror Attack Planned by Al-Shabaab Kenya security agencies jointly managed to thwart a terror attack planned by Somalis […]