Police officers launched raids on Istanbul neighborhood late Monday following the Reina dance club assault, which left 39 individuals dead on New Year's Day. Authorities have discharged a photograph of the suspect and say they are near distinguishing him.
Report on Haber Turk TV and other nearby media said that exceptional operations police, following up on a tip, propelled an assault on a loft in the Zeytinburnu locale of Istanbul yet did not make any captures. The Dogan news organization says the operation was completed by unique operations police with support from a helicopter.
Turkey's deputy prime minister, Numan Kurtulmus, said Monday that powers were near recognizing the shooter subsequent to getting his fingerprints and a depiction. He affirmed that eight individuals had so far been kept regarding the assault.
Daily paper reports said the shooter was thought to be from a Central Asian country. Early Turkish media reports proposed the shooter was from either Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan and may have been a piece of a similar cell that organized an assault on Ataturk Airport in June.
Turkish media have discharged undated video of the suspect strolling in Istanbul's Taksim Square.
The Islamic State (IS) terrorist group on Monday claimed credit of the attack, saying an "officer of the caliphate" was responsible of the mass shooting.
The gathering said Christian revelers were targeted because of the ongoing Turkish military operations against the IS terrorists in northern Syria, however majority the dead were foreign tourists from Muslim countries.