Police in Lamu are pursuing perpetrators behind the recent roadside IEDs that detonated targeting security forces.
Just days ago an IED detonated and decommissioned a Kenya army (KDF) troop carrier-vehicle in Kiunga border point in Lamu County.
On Monday 1st August 2016 security officers (AP) and five KDF army officers escaped with minor injuries when they ran over a home-made IED bomb on Usalama road in Kiunga Division of Lamu East.
Intelligence reports the army APC withstood the impact of the IED and subsequently the officers sustained minor injuries.
Wednesday 3rd August 2016, morning hours, an IED bomb reportedly detonated 10 metres before two armoured personnel carriers (APCs) belonging to the General Service Unit (GSU) in Basuba and the other from the Mangai Rapid Deployment Unit (RDU) could run over it Baure and Milimani localities of Lamu County.
Linda Boni Operation Director James Serian confirmed about the incidents targeting security convoy saying the Kenya’s security services have since launched multifaceted counter-terrorism operations (CT-Ops) against the Al-Shabaab which has been operating in the vast Boni forest which extends into border with Somalia.
Initial intelligence assessment on the recent incidents show the Al-Qaeda affiliate Al-Shabaab is responsible for the IED attacks warning of militant group active cells in the area.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Terror Group Attacks in Mokowe, Lamu, Kenya Countered Robustly Terror group Harakat Al-Shabaab mujahideen (HSM) attempted to destroy a […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- General Service Unit & Rapid Deployment Officers Survive Roadside Bomb in Mandera Tuesday 29th November 2016, the General Service Unit and Rapid […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Direct Recruitment of 10,000 More Police Officers into Training Colleges SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Commissions APCs; Lamu & Mandera Among Counties To Get Armoured Vehicles in Anti-Terror War SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday 1st February 2016 commissioned the […]
- IED Explosion Target Security Forces near Usalama Camp in Kiunga, Lamu County Military intelligence reports show that an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) […]
- Kenya Security Forces Kill 10 Al-Shabaab, Arrest 36 And Destroy Weapons OSINT SUMMARY Kenya security forces continue to degrade Al-Shabaab […]