Police launched a crackdown to recover crude weapons reportedly seen carried by youths in public places.
The police have been ordered to conduct the crackdown and arrest those find with these weapons including knives, machetes and clubs in public places.
The warning comes at a time youths might be used to cause chaos against opponents during campaigns in the region.
Lamu County Commissioner Joseph Kanyiri warned the youths against joining the criminal gangs saying the wont be spared in the ongoing crackdown.
Kanyiri said his office was aware of growing cases of attacks by crude weapons in the region and thus a need for disarmament of the same to ensure there is peace and security for all.
The commissioner directed chiefs to play a vital role in the disarmament exercise in their areas, since they are closest to the people.
- Crackdown on Criminal Gangs in Mombasa, Over 30 Arrested Police have arrested 30 suspected gang members in an operation aimed at stemming down […]
- Crackdown,14 Watalia Gang Members Netted in Mombasa Police detectives in the start of a new 2017 netted 14 Watalia gang members in […]
- Six Criminal Gang Members Arrested in Majengo, Mombasa Mombasa, KENYA Police arrested six criminal gang members and recovered crude […]
- Kenya’s Inspector General of Police Warns of Criminal Gangs Resurgence Ahead of 2017 Polls SECURITY BRIEF Kenya’s Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet on Friday 26th […]
- Police Arrest 13 Suspected Members of Criminal Gang Terrorizing Likoni Police in Likoni Mombasa County are holding 13 suspected members of criminal gang […]
- Wakali Kwanza Criminal Gang Sexually Terrorizing Women in Mombasa A knife welding Wakali Kwanza criminal gang is sexually terrorizing women in Mombasa […]
- One Member of Wakali Kwanza Gang Shot Dead, Seven Arrested in Kisauni Mombasa KISAUNI Mombasa, March 17, 2016 One member of Wakali Kwanza criminal gang has […]
- Police Gun Down Three in Botched Parklands Robbery, Nairobi County CRIME: Police on Wednesday 15/2/2017 morning gunned down three in a botched robbery […]