Mombasa police over the weekend conducted a major operation targeting criminal gang members threatening security of Mombasa residents by carrying out attacks and robbing them.
Police arrested 25 criminal suspects and drug peddlers both men and women during the dawn swoop, police boss confirmed Sunday.
According to Likoni police chief, Willy Simba, the crackdown was carried out by a team of GSU officers in collaboration with Marine police.
At around 3 am Sunday, the police staged a crackdown in their hideouts and along the ocean and managed to arrest over two dozen of them. They were kept in police cells waiting to be taken to court, said Mr. Simba who led the dawn operation.
Criminal gangs such as Wakali Kwanza, Wakali Wao and Watalia are notorious often they clashwith boda boda riders.
Police operations in the past months have registered successes with a number of criminal elements from these gangs being apprehended and charged.
Police are on the lookout as its suspected majority of the criminal gangs have shifted base from Kisauni and Changamwe are now hiding and secretly operating in Likoni.
- Police Arrest 17 Armed Youths in Mombasa, Link them to Dread Criminal Gangs EVENT SUMMARY, April 17, 2016 Police in Mombasa have arrested 17 youths […]
- Crackdown,14 Watalia Gang Members Netted in Mombasa Police detectives in the start of a new 2017 netted 14 Watalia gang members in […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Police Gun Down Criminal Gang Member in Mombasa Kisauni Crackdown on criminal gangs in Mombasa continues with latest reports indicating that […]
- Wakali Kwanza Criminal Gang Sexually Terrorizing Women in Mombasa A knife welding Wakali Kwanza criminal gang is sexually terrorizing women in Mombasa […]
- Police Gun Down Three Criminal Thugs, Recover Berreta &Ceska Pistols in Separate Nairobi Robberies Police on Tuesday night gunned down three criminal thugs in two separate robbery […]
- Police Gun Down 8 Robbers in Nairobi’s Industrial Area, Weapons Recovered CRIME BRIEF, April 20, 2016 Police gunned down eight robbers in […]
- Crackdown on Criminal Gangs in Mombasa, Over 30 Arrested Police have arrested 30 suspected gang members in an operation aimed at stemming down […]