Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has said he might follow Russia's step to withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC).
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday 17th November 2016 said Philippines might follow Russia and quit being a member of International Criminal Court (ICC).
President Duterte hinted the intention to quit citing criticism from Western nations for a rash of killings unleashed by war on drugs.
On Wednesday 16th November 2016 Russian President Vladimir Putin signed an executive order removing Russia from the treaty of the ICC.
Philippines became a member of ICC in 201.
In Africa, Burundi was the first to declare its intention to withdraw on October 12 and filed a formal withdrawal with the U.N. Secretary General (UNSG).
South Africa also filed to formally withdraw from the ICC in an Instrument of Withdrawal dated 19 October 2016.
Gambia declared its withdrawal from the ICC on 25 October 2016.
Reports indicate that Namibia, Kenya and Uganda are contemplating withdrawing from the ICC.
- BREAKING: Russia to Withdraw from International Criminal Court (ICC) Russia is set to quit/withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) […]
- Iran and Russia Forms Joint Military HQ in Syria Iran and Russia have reportedly formed a joint military headquarters in Syria without […]
- Russian President Vladimir Putin Advocates For Global Anti-Extremism Coalition Highlights: Russian President Vladimir Putin has urged Russia’s close ally to […]
- Russia Sends 4 Su-30SM Flanker Fighter Jets To Syria In Antiterrorism Campaign Highlights: Credible OSINT sources reveal satellite images confirming the arrival of […]
- China & Russia Pledge to Enhance Military Cooperation China and Russia have agreed to enhance their military cooperation. Russian […]
- Egypt and Russian Seek Formation of an International Anti-terror Coalition KEY HIGHLIGHTS Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi during his second visit to […]
- Russia To Deliver S-300 Surface-to-Air Missile Defense Systems To Iran OSINT SUMMARY 15th February 2016, Moscow is set to deliver S-300 missile system to […]
- Russia, India Agree on Joint Works on 5th Generation Fighter – Military Cooperation Russian and India have hinted on joint works on 5th generation fighter. Moscow and […]