Pakistani security forces have killed a senior Taliban commander. The senior Taliban figure was killed along with one of one of his accomplices in South Waziristan tribal region, the military here said on Friday.
According to a statement released by Pakistani An army spokesman "high value terrorist" identified as Mehmood ul Hassan alias Khwaja Madni and his accomplice were killed in cordon and search operation conducted by Special Forces team near Jandola, a small town in the region.
Hassan belonged to a terror outfit, Sajna group of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), which is active in parts of South Waziristan, bordering Afghanistan.
Pakistani forces have cleared most of the areas in the tribal region. However, the militants are hiding in rugged mountains.
The army statement said that weapons and ammunition were also recovered from the terrorists' hideout. The operation was part of a major operation, codenamed "Radd-ul-Fasaad".
- Three Killed, Scores Injured By Suicide Bomb On Pakistani Security Troops Highlights: Tuesday September 1st, a suicide bomber from the Pakistani Taliban that […]
- Pakistani Airstrikes Offensives Leaves 22 Militants Killed in North Waziristan OSINT SUMMARY At least 22 militants were killed in intensive aerial strikes […]
- Taliban Suicide Bomber Kills 12 in NW Pakistan Officials in northwestern Pakistan say a suspected suicide blast Tuesday killed at least […]
- Pakistani Taliban Confirms Senior Commanders Killed in Pakistan-Afghan Border Pakistani Taliban confirmed through a statement released through their pro-media that […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 2 Taliban Terrorist Commanders Killed in U.S Drone Strike in Pakistan Two Pakistani Taliban terrorist commanders reportedly were killed in latest series of […]
- 6 Jamaatul Ahrar Militants Killed In Counter-terrorism Raid in Multan, Pakistan The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab conducted raids on militants’ […]
- More than 140 Militants Surrender in Pakistan’s Baluchistan Province OSINT SUMMARY, Baluchistan Pakistan, April 19, 2016 Pakistan authorities […]