On Saturday 12th December 2015, Kenya Naval team during sea patrols intercepted two boats near Kilifi coastal line and arrested all men on board.
Corresponding reports released indicated the two boats had over 80 Tanzanians and 26 Kenyans.
A Multi-task formed to probe on their narrative and unmask their identities.
The arrested men claim that they were in the ocean fishing but the initial reports indicate that no fishing equipment was found.
On Monday 14th December 2015, Kenya police accuse the Tanzania of spying on key security operations conducted on the Kenya’s Indian Ocean deep sea.
According to Coast region police Commander Francis Wanjohi, the men were within Kenya Navy operational waters and had no valid documentation
The suspects were arrested in the deep waters and as per military sources, the maritime zone is strictly gazetted as an operational area for military activity and coordination of both Navy and police activity.
According to a senior Kenya Navy officer, the area is a ‘no-go-zone’ and investigation continues to establish how the suspects got to access the area citing it as a major security breach.
While briefing the media at police headquarters, Wanjohi said the task force has completed with profiling the 106 suspects and will be charged for breaching the country’ security.
The Tanzanians will also be charged for being in the country illegally as well as conducting unlawful fishing.
- Kenya Navy Arrest Over 100 Terror Suspects in Indian Ocean Deep Sea 14th December 2015, the Kenya Navy which is a maritime defense component of Kenya […]
- 12 Somali Nationals Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison for Piracy OSINT SUMMARY On Thursday 11th August 2016, twelve Somali nationals were to […]
- NATO Pledges Development, Anti-Piracy Projects In Somalia’s Galmudug State Highlights: Galmudug and NATO Navy commanders under the Indian Ocean Counter-piracy […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Counter-Piracy Operation Atalanta Off Somali’s Coast Conduct Joint Training Operation Event Highlights: The week ending 8th January was marked by huge milestones for the […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Heightened Security Prompts Tourism Boom in Mombasa Tourism sector is set to benefit in folds during this festive season […]
- Somali’s Puntland to Improve Surveillance Following Weapons Haul Off Oman By Australian Navy PUNTLAND, Somalia March 16, 2016 Somali’s Puntland government […]