31st January, 2016: Over 30 ultramodern armored vehicles were offloaded at the GSU headquarters in Ruaraka Nairobi County that are expected to be dispatched to the Police Service.
The armored vehicles were imported for the Police Service under the President’s directive to better equip the Police Service in their fight against crime and terrorism.
The General Service Headquarters at Ruaraka, Nairobi County was a hive of activity as the ultramodern Armored Personnel Carriers (APC) were offloaded following President Uhuru Kenyatta’s pledge to the Police Service for better hi-tech equipment.
Over 30 state-of-the-art APCs that were imported last week were dispatched to Nairobi under tight security from where they will be re-deployed to various parts of the country making history in the Kenya Police’s history of using armored cars to fight crime.
In the past Kenya Police have heavily relied on the KDF for back up and to call point on volatile and high-risk missions due to their inadequate equipment.
The APCs are projected to be used by the elite Recce Squadron in the high-risk and volatile missions as well as other arms of the police in their security endeavors equipping them best to overcome the current security hurdles.
The Police have been on the receiving end of numerous attacks by gangsters, militants as well as cattle rustlers in the past and the APCs will not only give them an upper hand but also gain milestones in the insecurity/ terrorism war.
- Ethiopian Produces Israel’s ‘Thunder’ Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC) under License Ethiopia is producing ‘Thunder’ an Israeli Armoured Personnel Carrier […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Uganda Police Acquire Armoured Personnel Carriers Ahead of Feb 18 Polls SECURITY BRIEF 9th February 2016, Uganda police armoured vehicles arrived at the […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Commissions APCs; Lamu & Mandera Among Counties To Get Armoured Vehicles in Anti-Terror War SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday 1st February 2016 commissioned the […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Direct Recruitment of 10,000 More Police Officers into Training Colleges SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Morocco Purchases 5 Interceptor 1503 Boats; Combat Terrorism At Mediterranean Coast December 15, 2015: Royal Moroccan Navy in attempts to combat illegal seaborne activities […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]