31st December 2015, in an effort to secure villages close to dangerous Boni forest, Operation Linda Boni has been extended to reach Lamu villages.
On September 11th, 2015 Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery along with other Kenyan security agents’ top brass launched Operation Linda Boni with intention to flush out elements of Al Shabaab militants hiding in the expansive Boni forest.
With recent incidents of Al Shabaab militants conducting sporadic surprise attacks around Boni vicinity, Kenya’s security agents have extended Operation Linda Forest to cover villages in Lamu County.
KDF and police deployed with conduct regular security patrols in Bodhei, Pandanguo, Witu, Pangani and also the surrounding areas.
Operation Linda Boni Forest director, Mr. James Ole Serian has already held a meeting with pastoralists from Garissa and Tana River Counties who will be affected by the operation.
The herders have been given a notice of seven days to move out the affected areas.
According to Mr Serian they had a meeting with the herders in the presence of Lamu County Security Committee together with top police officers from Hindi, Mpeketoni and Witu on Wednesday.
The operation that was intended to be carried out within 90 days has been extended for more than a year.
The operation also targeted Holugho border point, Galmagala, Sangailu, Ijara, Masalani, Bodhei, Milimani, Basuba, Kiunga, Mararani, Baure and Ishakani.
The extension of Operation Linda Boni Forest comes just barely two week after two people were killed at Milihoi in Lamu County and torched a pharmaceutical vehicle.
The attack is suspected to have been carried out by Jaysh Ayman an active Al Shabaab cell operating in Boni forest.
An AP officer was killed on Christmas with an improvised explosive device (IED) that targeted their vehicle at Bodhei.
Security officers have also been able to foil a planned attack at the Mambo Sasa Forest in Witu targeting five buses destined for Lamu from Mombasa.
- IG of Police Joseph Boinnet Says Boni Forest, Surrounding Villages Pacified of Terrorist Activities Inspector General (IG) of Police, Joseph Boinnet has said that Boni forest and […]
- Kenya National Assembly Defence Committee Pledges Support for Ongoing Operation Linda Boni Highlights The ongoing operation Linda Boni at the Kenyan coast has been […]
- #OperationLindaBoni Officially Launched in Lamu, Kenya by Interior’s Joseph Nkaisserry Event: Friday, September 11, 2015 Kenya’s Interior Cabinet Secretary, Maj. Gen. […]
- Operation Linda Boni Records Gains Against Jaysh Ayman Terrorists #Operation Linda Boni Operation Linda Boni since its launch nine months ago, […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Security Improved; Reduced Terrorists Incidents Reported in Lamu County. OSINT SUMMARY Security agents have been lauded their effort in curbing […]
- Kenya Police Nab Tanzanians in Anti-Terror Operation in Boni Forest Highlights Kenya’s security operations going on in the country’s vast Boni Forest […]
- Additional Kenya Police Reservists (KPR) To Be Deployed in Operation Linda Boni National government is set deploy additional 20 Kenya Police Reservists-KPR to every […]