10th January 2016, Kim Jong-un the leader of North Korea has said the recent hydrogen bomb test was an act of self-defense in what he claimed as external threat of nuclear war with United States.
These were Jong-un’s first comments since January 6 when the state owned broadcaster, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), reported that Pyongyang had successfully conducted its first hydrogen bomb test.
The H-bomb test has drawn condemnation from international community as well as raising tensions with immediate neighbour, South Korea.
Jong-un is said to have visited the Ministry of People’s Armed Forces to congratulate them on the “successful” detonation test of the H-bomb saying it was “a self-defensive step for reliably defending the peace on the Korean Peninsula and the regional security.
The North Korean leader hinted the H-bomb test is just one among range of other key defensive policies that Pyongyang, intend to roll out during an upcoming ruling party congress quoted as “historic turning point in accomplishing the revolutionary cause of Juche (self-independence).”
On Sunday 10th January 2016, the United State flew a B-52 bomber over South Korea, capable of carrying nuclear weapons, on a low-level flight following North Korea’s nuclear test.
US military said that the flight of B-52 warplane was in response to recent provocative action by North Korea.
- North Korea Launch Short-Range Missiles Towards South Korea March 10, 2016: North Korea has fired two short-range missiles into the sea according […]
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- China Joins U.S., Says it Supports U.N. on New Sanctions on North Korea China has expressed support to new U.N. sanctions to be forced on North Korea over […]
- UN Slaps North Korea With Toughest Additional Sanction In 20 Years March 3, 2016: The UN Security Council has unanimously adopted a resolution that expands […]
- Suspected North Korea Missile Test Fails A suspected missile launched by North Korea failed according to reports by both U.S […]
- UN Vows to Increase Sanctions against North Korea over Latest Ballistic Missile Test The UN Security Council (UNSC) on Monday strongly condemned the latest ballistic missile […]
- United State Flies B-52 Bomber Over S. Korea to Show Force Against N. Korea OSINT SUMMARY Since North Korea tested its H-bomb, US has flown its powerful […]
- Uganda To End Military Cooperation with North Korea For South Korea OSINT SUMMARY Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni promised to end military […]