North Korea on Monday test-fired a missile into Japan’s maritime economic zone in what has been seen as latest series of provocative launches by Pyongyang.
These ballistic missile tests have ratcheted up tensions amid UN sanctions warnings and US threats of a possible military action against Pyongyang.
This is the third ballistic missile test in barely a month and 12th Pyongyang has launched this year.
According to US military monitors, the short-range missile flew for six minutes, while Japan said it fell into the country’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) — waters extending 200 nautical miles from its coast.
Pyongyang missile test-fires comes in fresh defiance of tough talk from US President Donald Trump, who promised last week at the G7 summit that the “big problem” of North Korea “will be solved”.
Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe swiftly condemned the test and vowed concerted action along with its US ally.
Earlier this month, the UN Security Council vowed to push all countries to tighten sanctions against Pyongyang, but China, North Korea’s main trade partner and ally has made it clear the problem need to be solved diplomatically and not imposing more sanctions.
On the other hand US has said it is willing to enter into talks with North Korea but only if it ends its missile and nuclear tests.
- UN Security Council Condemns Pyongyang on Latest Missile Launch OSINT SUMMARY United Nation Security Council (UNSC) at last has spoken on […]
- UN Vows to Increase Sanctions against North Korea over Latest Ballistic Missile Test The UN Security Council (UNSC) on Monday strongly condemned the latest ballistic missile […]
- U.S. Navy Strike Group Joins Japan to Provide Options against North Korea U.S. Navy’s Carrier Strike Group One makes its rounds through the Korean […]
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- North Korea Fire 3 Ballistic Missiles into Japan Sea as G-20 Summit Continue in China OSINT SUMMARY North Korea in what seems as a provocative move, fire three […]
- North Korea Launch Short-Range Missiles Towards South Korea March 10, 2016: North Korea has fired two short-range missiles into the sea according […]
- U.S., South Korea, Japan & China To Cooperate Against North Korea Nuclear Tests United States, China, South Korea and Japan united against North Korea Nuclear Tests, […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]