March 10, 2016: North Korea has fired two short-range missiles into the sea according to South Korea’s military. The missiles were launched off the east coast and flew for 500km before they fell into the sea.
The two missiles were fired from Hwanghae Province in a move that is seen as a reaction to recently imposed strictest sanctions ever by the UN.
He launch was accompanied by an announcement by Pyongyang that nullifies all inter-Korea cooperative projects and liquidation of South Korea’s assets in North Korea. Most of South Korea’s assets are in Kaesong industrial area (jointly-operated industrial zone) which the South pulled out of in February 2016 after Pyongyang launched a Long range missile.
The missile launch comes barely a day after North Korean leader Kim Jong-un claimed that his scientists had developed nuclear warheads small enough to fit on ballistic missiles (miniaturized nuclear warheads).
Tensions have been especially high this week as US and South Korean forces hold their annual joint military exercises known as Key Resolve and Foal Eagle. This year they are the largest ever, with about 17,000 US personnel and around 300,000 South Korean troops participating – both significant increases on 2015, in addition to increased naval and air force assets.
Despite the routines generally creating tensions, this years’ particularly Pyongyang has threatened to launch a ‘pre-emptive nuclear strike of justice’ against the US and South Korea.
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- Suspected North Korea Missile Test Fails A suspected missile launched by North Korea failed according to reports by both U.S […]
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-un Says Recent Hydrogen Bomb Test Act of Self Defense EVENT SUMMARY 10th January 2016, Kim Jong-un the leader of North Korea has said […]
- UN Slaps North Korea With Toughest Additional Sanction In 20 Years March 3, 2016: The UN Security Council has unanimously adopted a resolution that expands […]
- North Korea Fire 3 Ballistic Missiles into Japan Sea as G-20 Summit Continue in China OSINT SUMMARY North Korea in what seems as a provocative move, fire three […]
- Russia, China to Conduct Joint Military Exercise MILITARY COLLABORATION, May 6, 2016 Russia and China are set to hold their […]
- United State Flies B-52 Bomber Over S. Korea to Show Force Against N. Korea OSINT SUMMARY Since North Korea tested its H-bomb, US has flown its powerful […]
- 20 Nations Join Saudi-Led Military Exercise- ‘The Thunder Of The North’ Against ISIS, Al Qaeda And Affiliates Event: 15th February: Armed forces from at least 20 countries are gathered in […]