Somali security forces botched a major Al-Shabaab attack in which the militant were finalizing on IEDs to attack Somali’s capital, Mogadishu.
Troops drawn from Somalia’s National Intelligence and security agency (NISA) conducted an operation Nasruding village in Howlwadag area and seized explosives attached to seven laptops.
Several Al-Shabaab bomb experts were also apprehended.
Following a tip-off, NISA officers raided the suspect’s house in Mogadishu’s Howlwadag district, where Al-Shabaab was preparing explosives-laden laptops to carry out suicide attacks in the capital.
Despite being driven out of the capital city, Al-Shabaab militants still staging sporadic attacks targeting SNA and AMISOM troops.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) Surge Foretells Strategy EVENTS SUMMARY On 22 August 2015 Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen's Istishhadyin […]
- National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) Seize Car Laden with Explosives Latest report by Somali National News Agency (SONNA) indicates that the […]
- Powerful Explosion Heard in Somali’s Mogadishu Latest military report from Somalia indicate that a powerful multiple explosions have […]
- NISA Forces Conducts Security Sweep in Mogadishu, Somalia National Intelligence and Security Agency NISA) forces carried out a success […]
- Death Toll Hits 25 in Recent Car Bomb in Mogadishu Market, 10 Al-Shabab Suspects Arrested Death toll has risen to 25 in the recent car bomb that hit a market in Somali’s […]
- NISA Confirms Arrest of Hassan Fanah, A High Ranking Al-Shabaab Commander in Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY Big blow as Al shabaab commmander in capital Mogadishu arrested […]