Nine (9) Islamic State (ISIS) militants were killed when the Afghan air force struck their hideout in Kunar province, Afghan police source said on Wednesday.
According to the sources, among those killed in the strike were two local ISIS middle level commanders, Nora and Zia-ul-Haq. Another weapons and cash facilitator Rahim Ullah was also killed in the air raids.
The mountainous province, located about 180 kilometers east of Kabul, has been as the scene of clashes between security forces and the ISIS since the emergence of the Islamist extremist group in eastern Afghan region in early 2015.
Afghan forces have beefed up security operations against militants recently as the war-weary Afghans have been witnessing a surge in attacks by Taliban and the ISIS across the country.
- Top ISIS Commanders Killed in Kunar Drone Raid in East of Afghanistan At least two senior commanders of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist […]
- Special Air and Ground Campaign Kicks Off against ISIS in East Of Afghanistan Special operation involving air and ground strikes has kicked off in eastern Nangarhar […]
- Islamic State & Taliban Takfiris Clashes Leaves 13 Militants Killed in Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Over a dozen Takfiris were killed when rival factions between […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- Afghan Forces Clear Strategic Tora Bora of ISIS Terrorists in Air Raids Afghan forces air raids have dislodged ISIS in strategic Tora Bora region according to […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 25 Islamic State Terrorists in Eastern Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic […]
- Nearly 70 Taliban Terrorists Killed, Scores Injured in Helmand Operations Nearly seventy (70) Taliban terrorists were killed and scores reportedly injured during […]
- Islamic State Cell Busted with Attack Biological Weapons in Morocco RABAT, March 4, 2016 Reports from Morocco Interior Ministry indicate that an Islamic […]