Nigerian troops on Wednesday 17th February 2016 discovered a market run by Boko Haram insurgents. The troops torched the market, destroyed patent medicine outlet and rescued 195 captives at various locations of Borno State.
According to Nigerian Army spokesman Sani Usman, the operation saw dozens of insurgents killed and several items seized.
The Nigerian troops of 7 Division Garrison comprising 112 Battalion and Armed Special Forces, carried joint operation on perceived Boko Haram locations at Kwaptara, Mijigete, Garin Boka, Mosole, Ngubdori, Ma’asa, Dukje and Gulumba in Dikwa and Bama Local Government Areas of Borno State.
During the raid items recovered included two logistic trucks, 180 motorcycles, 750 bicycles and various perishable and non-perishable items such as a 100 KVA Mikano generator and grinding machine.
195 persons held hostage were rescued, 300 cows, 200 sheep and 130 goats rustled by the insurgents were also recovered.
The troops also recovered military items such as camouflage uniforms as well as rifle magazines and grenades.
The army spokesman lauded citizens for collaborating with security authorities by providing information that made the operation a success.
Boko Haram terrorist is based in Nigeria but in the past year, the insurgent group has expanded to neigbouring countries including Chad, Niger, Mali and Cameroon. Boko Haram is affiliated to the Middle based Islamic State.
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Nigerian Army Rescues 80 Hostages, Women and Children in ‘Operation Tiger Claw’ OSINT SUMMARY NIGERIA, Borno State: Nigerian army and well-articulated […]
- Nigerian Troops Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Rescue 9 Children Undergoing Terrorism Training Nigerian troops of 3 Battalion, 22 Brigade of the Nigerian Army on counter-terrorism […]
- Nigeria Police Launch Manhunt of Lagos School-girls Kidnappers OSINT SUMMARY March 3, 2016, Nigeria police launched an operation aimed at rescuing […]
- Nigeria Govt Face Pressure to Rescue Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram 1,000 Days Ago Pressure is mounting on Nigerian govt to rescue the kidnapped school girls by the […]
- 180 Hostages Rescued, 5 Boko Haram Killed As 2 Kingpins Are Arrested By Nigerian Police March 24, 2016: Nigerian military said that it has rescued 180 hostages mostly women […]
- 800 Boko Haram Hostages Freed in Nigerian Army Operations Latest military intelligence reports from Nigeria indicate that a total of 800 Boko […]