- Nigeria’s president on Friday during a military ceremony directed the country’s military to incline towards local production of weapons
- The announcement was preceded by the West’s reluctance to sell weapons to Nigeria who are dealing the Boko Haram militants
- President Buhari termed the continuous over-dependence on foreign countries for weapons as unacceptable
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday 7th August during a military ceremony directed the work towards developing local weapons. He expressed his ire on the over dependence on foreigners to sell weapons to Nigeria.
Directive comes after the West expressed reluctance towards selling Nigeria weapons that are supposed to aid in the war against Islamist militants Boko Haram. He further said that Nigeria should angle towards self-sufficiency in terms of military equipment and logistics and only depend on foreigners for the very advanced technology.
Countries like the United States and Britain express reluctance to sell weapons to Nigeria due to its history of human right s violations and extrajudicial killings.
Nigeria’s ministry of Defense has therefore been tasked with creating a work plan to develop a modest military industrial complex that will be the hub for developing local weapons that will bridge the over-dependence gap of Nigeria and countries in the west.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Nigerian Troops Thwart and Repel Boko Haram Attack, 16 Militants Killed & Weapon Cache Recovered OSINT SUMMARY A statement by Nigerian army a spokesman Colonel Sani Usman […]
- Suspected Boko Haram Insurgents Kill 20 in Mosque Bombing in Maiduguri, Nigerian OSINT SUMMARY 28th December 2015, about 20 people have been killed in a mosque […]
- Boko Haram Fighters Surrendering in Large Numbers Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has said that Boko Haram fighters are […]
- UN Raises Alarm over Illegal Increase of Small Arms & Light Weapons (SALW) in Nigeria OSINT SUMMARY The United Nations (UN) has raised alarm on what was termed as […]
- Nigerian Military Foil Attack On A Dikwa IDP Camp; Recovered High-Tech Equipment Killing 26 Boko Haram Militants OSINT Summary: February 25, 2016; Nigeria’s troops have a foiled a massive Boko Haram […]
- Nigerian Military, Seize Boko Haram’s Fuel, Drugs And Ban Horses In Borno State Highlights: Nigerian military on Tuesday 8th September reported […]
- U.S. Pledge Support For Nigeria To Fight Islamic State Affiliated Boko Haram KEY HIGHLIGHT Nigeria based militant group Boko Haram continues to wage […]