Nigerian army battled the insurgent group Boko Haram and rescued 38, both women and children in the militant held northeastern state of Borno.
According to a statement from army headquarters and signed by Sani Usman, spokesman of the army, the troops neutralized over a dozen Boko Haram terrorists while others fled with gun wounds during the rescue operation conducted in Dumba village of Borno State.
The army statement further noted that 19 women and 19 children rescued were taken into custody by the army.
Meanwhile, Troops of 8 Task Force Division of the Nigerian Army have commenced an operation code-named “Operation Hardknock” aimed to clear pockets of Boko Haram terrorists hiding in remote areas of Borno, along Nigeria-Niger borders, the statement added.
As the operation progresses, troops have cleared pockets of insurgents from their hideouts in Momo and Tunshe villages around Marte general area of Borno State.
- Nigerian Army Rescues 80 Hostages, Women and Children in ‘Operation Tiger Claw’ OSINT SUMMARY NIGERIA, Borno State: Nigerian army and well-articulated […]
- Nigerian Troops Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Rescue 9 Children Undergoing Terrorism Training Nigerian troops of 3 Battalion, 22 Brigade of the Nigerian Army on counter-terrorism […]
- 180 Hostages Rescued, 5 Boko Haram Killed As 2 Kingpins Are Arrested By Nigerian Police March 24, 2016: Nigerian military said that it has rescued 180 hostages mostly women […]
- Nigerian Army Kill Several Boko Haram Militants; Recaptures Mallam Fatori, Key NE Stronghold OSNT SUMMARY Nigerian Army troops have recaptured a key remote town in […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- 800 Boko Haram Hostages Freed in Nigerian Army Operations Latest military intelligence reports from Nigeria indicate that a total of 800 Boko […]
- Nigerian Troops Destroy Boko Haram Market & Rescue 195 Captives OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Wednesday 17th February 2016 discovered a market […]
- Nigerian Army Kill 6 Boko Haram Insurgents in Borno State Nigerian Army killed six Boko Haram insurgents during a battle in Borno […]