Nigeria’s army arrested militants suspected to be working with Niger Delta Avengers (NDA). The army also confirmed to have arrested their leader.
NDA is involved in a series of sabotage attacks against Nigeria’s oil and gas facilities.
The army soldiers and security forces, backed by air cover raided Calabar and arrested Isaac Romeo, the suspected leader of the NDA, along with two other militants, military reports said on Wednesday.
The military report also confirmed that a fourth man linked with attack on pipeline operated by the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) and Nigerian Energy Company, Shoreline was arrested in against and is detained in Edo state in southern Nigeria.
The arrests come despite a truce declared by the militants in an open letter to the government last month for a ceasefire.
The Nigerian army fears the NDA could launch more assaults against the oil and gas infrastructure even after the negotiations for ceasefire.
- Nigerian Army Arrests Militants Responsible For Pipeline Attacks OSINT SUMMARY Monday 16th May 2016, Nigerian army said it had arrested […]
- Nigerian army Conduct Airstrikes against Boko Haram’s Illegal Oil Refineries Nigerian army complemented ground offensives with aerial assaults of the suspected […]
- Nigeria Government to Scale-up Security in Oil-rich Niger Delta OSINT SUMMARY Nigeria government on June 23 resolved that it will scale-up […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somalia Rejects UN Proposed Ban on Future Oil Deals Highlights The Somali government early October 2015 rejected a United Nations halt […]
- Kenyan Government Signs Oil Export Agreement with Tullow Kenyan government on Tuesday 14/3/2017 signed an oil exportation agreement with […]
- Kenya’s Oil Exports to Start Early in April 2017 Kenya the East Africa economic powerhouse is set to gain from oil export sales […]
- Libyan Government Forces Claim to Retake Key Eastern Oilfields Terminals OSINT SUMMARY Forces allied to the Libya unity government on Sunday launched […]