June 20, 2016, latest military reports from Nigeria indicate that at least 15 Boko Haram militants have been killed in an airstrike in northeastern Borno state conducted by the country’s Air Force.
According to a brief by NAF spokesman, Captain Ayodele Famuyiwa, the air force using A350i Beechcraft aircraft sighted a group of Boko Haram terrorists in seven vehicles hiding at a location along an axis on which reportedly the ground Nigerian troops are advancing forces towards Kangarawa, north of Borno state.
The Apha fighter jet scrambled to attack the militants affiliated to ISIS, the raid was success, 15 terrorists were killed.
Famuyiwa said that the ground troops confirmed the deaths saying they were pursuing a number that fled with injuries.
Nigeria army has increased campaigns in northern Borno state, where Boko Haram militants are believed to have established a presence close to the border with Niger.
This area remains volatile, militants remains persistent in holding this area despite several military operations in effort to liberate the area.
The Nigerian based Boko Haram continues to wage attacks against Nigeria and Neighbouring states such as Niger, Chad, Mali and Cameroon prompting them to form a joint multi force to counter the insurgent group.
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- 800 Boko Haram Hostages Freed in Nigerian Army Operations Latest military intelligence reports from Nigeria indicate that a total of 800 Boko […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Forces Kill 22 Boko Haram Fighters And 3 Commanders EVENT SUMMARY, April 14, 2016 Joint military operation between Nigerian army […]
- Nigerian Army Kill Several Boko Haram Militants; Recaptures Mallam Fatori, Key NE Stronghold OSNT SUMMARY Nigerian Army troops have recaptured a key remote town in […]
- Nigerian Troops Thwart and Repel Boko Haram Attack, 16 Militants Killed & Weapon Cache Recovered OSINT SUMMARY A statement by Nigerian army a spokesman Colonel Sani Usman […]
- Nigerian army Conduct Airstrikes against Boko Haram’s Illegal Oil Refineries Nigerian army complemented ground offensives with aerial assaults of the suspected […]
- Nigerian Army Repel Boko Haram Attack near Niger Border, Over Two Dozen Militants Killed OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian army supported by the country’s air force on […]
- Boko Haram Fighters Surrendering in Large Numbers Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has said that Boko Haram fighters are […]