March 3, 2016, Nigeria police launched an operation aimed at rescuing three teenage school-girls who were kidnapped from the boarding school on Lagos city outskirts by a group of heavily armed men.
Kidnapping in Nigeria has become rampant and Boko Haram terrorist group has been at these center of the kidnappings.
According to a report by a BBC reporter in Lagos, the girls were abducted from the private boarding secondary school on Monday evening and so far the kidnappers are yet to issue demands.
Most kidnapping cases in southern Nigeria end with hostages being released unharmed after ransom has been paid, reports the BBC’s Umar Shehu Elleman from Lagos.
It’s barely two years since more than 200 girls from a boarding school in north-eastern town of Chibok were abducted by Boko Haram militant fighters.
Nigeria military has intensified it offensives against Boko Haram strongholds, but despite the military advances against the militant group, Chibok girls are yet to be found.
The latest military campaigns have forced a group of 76 Boko Haram militants to surrender to the Nigerian security forces citing starvation.
Boko Haram pledged allegiance to the Middle East -based terrorist group, the Islamic State in 2014.
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Somalia National Security Chief Warns of Al-Shabaab & Boko Haram Sharing Tactics SECURITY BRIEF Somali’s National Security Chief General Abdirahman Sheikh Issa […]
- Nigeria Govt Face Pressure to Rescue Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram 1,000 Days Ago Pressure is mounting on Nigerian govt to rescue the kidnapped school girls by the […]
- Nigerian Troops Destroy Boko Haram Market & Rescue 195 Captives OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Wednesday 17th February 2016 discovered a market […]
- Army Battles Boko Haram & Rescues Over 240 Women, Children in Northeast Nigeria KEY HIGHLIGHTS On Wednesday 23rd September 2015, Nigerian army embanked on […]
- Nigeria-Based Boko Haram Bombings Surge Hits Neighbouring Cameroon EVENT SUMMARY The Nigeria based Boko Haram terrorist group has over the past few […]
- Nigeria Army Operations Rescues 324 Boko Haram Captives, 31 Militants Killed in Borno State OSINT SUMMARY 11th February 2016, during rescue operations, Nigeria Army managed […]