Nigerian soldiers on Tuesday thwarted what would have been a large-scale attack by three female suicide bombers from the Boko Haram extremist group.
The army officers fatally shot at two suicide bombers as they tried to detonate their explosives near a crowd of people at outskirts of Monguno town in northeast Nigeria, where Boko Haram group is active.
According to army Col. Sani Kukasheka Usman, the third member blew herself up before the soldier could get at her.
No major casualties suffered apart from two civilians who were reportedly injured in the Tuesday would be attack.
In a separate incident Tuesday, Nigerian military said it killed four Boko Haram insurgents in the Kukawa area of the country’s northeast.
- 6, Including 4 Female Teenage Bombers Killed in Maiduguri, Nigeria Wednesday, 15/3/207, at least six people, including four female teenage suicide […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Forces Kill 22 Boko Haram Fighters And 3 Commanders EVENT SUMMARY, April 14, 2016 Joint military operation between Nigerian army […]
- Nigeria Army Confirms Death Of Boko Haram’s Chief Bomb Maker OSINT SUMMARY A statement from Nigerian Army confirms the killing of Boko […]
- At Least 22 People Killed By 2 Female Bombers At Mosque’s Dawn Prayers In Umarari-Maiduguri March 16, 2016: Two female suicide bombers have killed at least 22 worshippers in a […]
- Nigerian Troops Thwart and Repel Boko Haram Attack, 16 Militants Killed & Weapon Cache Recovered OSINT SUMMARY A statement by Nigerian army a spokesman Colonel Sani Usman […]
- 2 Girls ‘Suicide Bombers’ Blow Themselves Up near Crowded Nigerian Market Two young girls possibly seven or eight year old died in an explosion in a crowded […]
- Nigerian Troops Repel Boko Haram Suicide Bombers, Kill 6 Militants MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, 17/2/2017: Latest military reports from Nigeria indicate at least […]
- Nigerian Army Kill Several Boko Haram Militants; Recaptures Mallam Fatori, Key NE Stronghold OSNT SUMMARY Nigerian Army troops have recaptured a key remote town in […]