Nigeria government on June 23 resolved that it will scale-up security in oil-rich creeks of Niger Delta region.
According to a government official– General of Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Muhammad Babandede, the region will have patrol boats to effectively monitor the creeks and rivers in the Niger Delta.
Babandede also called on stakeholders both within and outside the region to collaborate with the ministry in its bid to fast track development and security in the region.
He described the Niger Delta region as key to the economic survival of Nigeria, and called on youths in the region to collaborate with security agencies in ensuring security in the area.
- Nigerian Army Arrests Suspected Avengers Militants OSINT SUMMARY Nigeria’s army arrested militants suspected to be working […]
- Nigerian army Conduct Airstrikes against Boko Haram’s Illegal Oil Refineries Nigerian army complemented ground offensives with aerial assaults of the suspected […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Nigerian Army Arrests Militants Responsible For Pipeline Attacks OSINT SUMMARY Monday 16th May 2016, Nigerian army said it had arrested […]
- Nigeria To Establish Naval Outpost At Lake Chad Region; Seaborne Attack Preparation Highlights: Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the […]
- Nigerien Defense and Security Forces Launches Armed Offensive against Boko Haram OSINT SUMMARY Nigerien Defense and Security Forces (FDS) have launched […]
- U.S. Department of State Updates Nigeria Travel Warning The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria and […]
- 38 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed in Diffa, Southeast Niger OSINT SUMMARY According to latest military reports from Niger, 38 Boko Haram […]