21st January 2016: The Nigerian Air Force announced the establishment of a Special Forces command that with provide support in the war against Boko Haram in the northeastern part as well as other internal security operations.
The Chief of Nigerian Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar disclosed the formation of a Special Forces command that will aid in the domestic internal security operations primarily the war waged against the Boko Haram militants in the northeastern region of the country.
The new command is among the major restructuring plans by the Nigerian Air Force on their operational command in order to conform to the rising demands on national security.
Abubakar said, “The Air Force is not only fighting in the air, and therefore, whatever it is that we need to have to fulfill our mandate in the face of the present challenges is what we are working toward putting on the ground.”
The new command will increase Nigeria’s self-reliance in strategic security operations both internally and externally and internally. Additionally, the state of the art Base Defence Coordination Centre is expected to be operational by the end of 2016 that will improve operational capabilities.
Among other upgrades include 305 helicopter group and 95 helicopter combat units that will improve the aerial capability for the Nigerian Air Force.
The new refurbished units of the NAF are a valuable addition to the fight against Boko Haram militants that have created unrest, committed atrocious acts killing thousands, kidnapping women and children and displacing hundreds of thousands in Nigeria and the neighboring countries.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Nigerian Military to Build Weapons To End Dependence on West Highlights: Nigeria’s president on Friday during a military ceremony directed […]
- Boko Harams Spiritual Headquarters In Alargano Captured By Nigerian Troops After 10-Day Siege Maiduguri-Nigeria, March 30, 2016: Following a 10-day siege on Alargano, the Nigerian […]
- Nigeria to Buy 10 Training Aircraft from Pakistan OSINT SUMMARY Nigeria has concluded arrangements to buy 10 super mesh […]
- US, Nigeria Renew Security Pact With Launch Of New Military Training Programme February 19, 2016: The Nigerian Army and the United States have renewed bilateral ties […]
- Islamic State Announces Abu Musab al-Barnawi New Boko Haram Emir, Shekau Insists He is Still In-charge The Middle East based Islamic State on Wednesday3rd August 2016 in an audio released […]
- Nigerian Army Claim Victory Over Boko Haram After Killing 19 in Borno Attack OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Saturday 4th June 2016 claimed victory over […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]