Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery together with Inspector General of Police Joseph Kipchirchir Boinet received the new Agusta Helicopter to boost police operations in the country.
According to the CS the Italian made chopper took ten months to be assembled.
Capabilities in Brief
- It’s a multipurpose helicopter, can be used for evacuation, police activities
- Has a capacity to airlift 15 people
- Fitted with night vision equipment
- Fitted with full medical kit
- Can evacuate up-to five injured people on stretchers
- The chopper can run 1000 kilometers without refueling
- Capability to mount gunship for combat purposes
- Fitted with thermal camera for command center to monitor its movement while airborne
The state of the art helicopter is aimed at boosting aerial surveillance and will be operated by different units of the police.