Navy Seabees to Construct Jet Handling Runway in Wajir Airbase Kenya
US Navy Seebees, the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 3 will start to greatly expand the runways at Wajir Airport and Military airbase.
Wajir Airport was built by HZ, an Israel construction Company between l977 and 1978, as a military airbase.
President Hon Mwai Kibaki of the republic of Kenya commissioned the airport to accommodate both civil and military aircrafts operations in 2007.
US Seebees confirmed that this is the biggest project they have ever worked on besides emphasizing that the type of aircraft to be used in this particular airport might be superior.
Intelligence on how large the new runway will be or even the specific types aircraft that will be able to use it is still scanty.
The US Navy unit will bring its own equipment confirmed Cdr. Scott Raymond, the unit
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya Armed Forces of the Republic of Kenya; Roles, Duties & Achievements Any country’s readiness in war, readiness to defend and protect its people and the […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Lt. General Samson Mwathethe Appointment as Chief of Defence Forces (CDF); Welcomed by Coast Leaders The appointment of the new Chief of Defence Forces Lt. General Samson Mwathethe has been […]
- Kenya Air Force Aircraft Inventory; Source of ‘Imara Angani’ Kenya Air Force (KAF) is the national aerial warfare service of the Republic of Kenya. […]
- Why Scott Gration Resigned as US Envoy Kenya Intelligence News on Scott Gration Resignation as US ambassador to Kenya Scott Gration, […]
- Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Warplanes Bombardments Destroy Al-Shabaab Targets in Diinsoor, Baay Region MILITARY BRIEF Kenya Defence Forces fighter jets and attack helicopters […]
- Ethiopian Security Forces Crossed Kenyan Border to Inspect New Demarcation Event: On Monday 18th May 2015, a half company of Ethiopian Defense Forces and a […]