The National Intelligence and Security Agency(NISA) on Tuesday 15th March 2016 warned of Al-Shabaab plans to attack national ports in Somalia.
Acting on credible intelligence, NISA warned all national ports in Somalia to tighten their security in order to preempt any eventuality from the terrorist group Al-Shabaab.
According to event analysis by NISA, the Al Qaeda linked group of Shebab militants who raided sea town of Garacad were in hundreds and were planning to carry out attacks on ports in the country.
NISA got intelligence that the militant group was targeting to strike key economic hubs like Mogadishu, Bosaso and other ports in Somalia only to retreat after learning security forces were well guided on their plans.
Security in key national ports has been heightened with deployment of additional AU/SNA soldiers following the NISA remarks.
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Kill Al Shabaab Commander & Destroy Base in Bakol Raid OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 6th December 2015, a senior Al Shabaab commander was […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- KDF Troops Repulses Al-Shabaab Ambush on Jubbaland Army Base AFMADOW Somalia, March 16, 2016 Tuesday night, Al-Shabaab militants launched […]
- Mortar Attack Leaves Four Killed in Mogadishu, Somalia OSINT SUMMARY MOGADISHU: Thursday 25th February, Latest updates from Somalia indicate […]
- Mortar Shells Target Halane African Union Military Base in Mogadishu, Somalia EVENT SUMMARY Halane military camp, the largest AU military base located in the […]
- SNA Nets Al-Shabaab Militants in Security Sweep in Bakol Southwest Somalia BAKOL Southwest Somalia, March 21, 2016 Security sweeps targeting Al-Shabaab […]
- KDF Warplanes Bombard Al Shabaab Barhani Camps in Southern Somalia MILITARY BRIEF Kismayo: 10th February 2016, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) military […]