The National Intelligence and security agency (NISA) forces on Monday confiscated illegal weapons in central Somalia.
NISA forces intercepted a vehicle carrying the illegal weapons in the outskirts of Adado town , the administrative town of the Galmudug State.
NISA forces acting on a tip-off managed to intercept the weapons on a private car which is believed was ferrying the arms to Herala village located some 15 kilometers north of Adado town.
Herala is a key village under the control of Ahlu Sunna Waljama militias, the rival-enemy of the Adado-based interim Galmudug state administration led by Abdikarim Hussein Guled.
Galmudug State forces are supported by government forces, SNA citing Abdikarim Hussein Guled is an ally of Somalia’s president.
- Somalia National Army Clash With Al-Shabaab Fighters Near Mahaday MAHADAY Somalia, March 11, 2016 A fierce fighting erupted between SNA forces […]
- KDF Warplanes Strike Al-Shabaab Target in Southern Somalia Killing 10 Militants Including 4 Senior Commanders MILITARY BRIEF Reports from Somalia indicate that KDF has continued to bombard […]
- Fresh Fighting Between Puntland Forces and Al-Shabaab Militants Erupts in Dabakarale Village PUNTLAND Somalia, March 20, 2016 Military intelligence reports from […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Raid Al-Shabaab Training Camp near Jowhar Town, Somalia MILITARY BRIEF February 29, 2016, Military reports from Somalia indicate that SNA […]
- Galmuduug Forces Raid Al-Shabaab Militants, Dislodge them Out From Aad and Eel-Abdi Villages OSINT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Galmuduug forces raid Al-Shabaab bases in the two […]
- Al-Shabaab Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) Surge Foretells Strategy EVENTS SUMMARY On 22 August 2015 Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen's Istishhadyin […]
- Somalia Federal Government Send Weapons To Puntland in Support Against Al-Shabaab Somalia Federal Government has sent two planes of military equipment to the regional […]