Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF) celebrated the 34th Terehe Sita day on 6th February 2017, in Moroto district in the Karamoja sub region.
President Yoweri Museveni who is also the Commander in Chief of Defence Forces preside over the occasion.
Terehe Sita is marked on 6th February every year to mark the National Resistance Army’s first attack on Kabamba barracks in Mubende which happened on 6th February 1981.
This attack resulted into a five year guerilla war that led the NRM in power in 1986.
In Entebbe the SFC Kick started the celebrations on Monday with a cleaning exercise around Entebbe plus treating locals in Lugonjo-Nakiwogo according to the Director Civil Military Cooperation (CIMIC) in the SFC Capt. Frank Murema.
According to UPDF Third Division spokesperson Capt. Jimmy Denis Omala the celebration was taken to Karamoja sub region to celebrate the success of the UPDF in disarming civilians.
Capt. Omala lauded the soldiers and noted that since 2001 over 3,200 guns have been recovered out of the 4,000 suspected to be in the hands of the civilians.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Gen Katumba Wamala Hands over to Gen Muhoozi, the New UPDF Chief Gen. Katumba Wamala has handed over office to the new Chief of Defence Forces, Gen […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Urges South Sudan’s Rivals to End War Uganda's President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has asked rival groups in […]
- Escalating War in South Sudan Could Lead to Refugees Influx in Uganda UN has warned of the escalating war in South Sudan could see more refugees flee to […]
- Uganda Sends 2,745 Troops to Boost War against Al-Shabaab in Somalia Uganda has sent 2,745 troops to boost the ongoing operation against Al-Shabaab […]
- South Sudan President Salva Kiir Rushes to Kampala for Talks with Museveni, Machar Fails to Return to Juba Following the recent clashes in South Sudan, the country’s embattled President […]
- Confirmation: No UPDF Casualty in Somali’s Halane Military Base Attack Uganda’s UPDF battling Al-Shabaab in Somalia through its public information […]
- Uganda Army Brigadier Kyanda Replaced as UPDF Chief of Staff Uganda army replaced Brigadier Leopold Kyanda as UPDF Chief of […]