KINSHASHA: Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Thursday 4th August 2016 met his counterpart the President of Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) Joseph Kabila over Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) which remain a security threat to both countries.
The two leaders resolved the need to share intelligence in order to crumble the rebel activities threating the security of the two neighbor countries.
Uganda president Museveni stressed that he is ready as usual to deploy Uganda’s Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) to join the fight against the remnants of ADF rebels usually found in the east of the DRC.
President Museveni hailed Kabila efforts in engaging Uganda to significantly contribute to eradication of rebel threat in eastern DR Congo.
The two leaders spoke on the sidelines of bilateral talks between the two countries where issues of discussed cross-border trade and tourism were discussed in lengthy
ADF rebel group has been fighting in eastern DRC since 1995. The rebels responsible for several likkings are opposed to Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni leadership.
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Faults Muslim Clerics Killings, Blames ADF Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni has faulted the recent killings of Muslim […]
- Congolese Forces Kill 6 ADF Rebels in Eastern DRC OSINT SUMMARY Six Ugandan rebels of the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) and a […]
- 10 Ugandan Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) Rebels Face Death Sentence for Crimes against Humanity 10 Ugandan allied democratic forces rebels get death sentence for killing of innocent […]
- South Sudan President Salva Kiir Rushes to Kampala for Talks with Museveni, Machar Fails to Return to Juba Following the recent clashes in South Sudan, the country’s embattled President […]
- United Nations Helicopter Attack Uganda Rebel Positions In Democratic Republic Of Congo Kinshasa-DRC: UN helicopters attacked Ugandan Rebels who are active in the Democratic […]
- U.S. Military Ends Operation against Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in Central Africa US military wrapped up an operation against the Lord’s Resistance Army […]
- UPDF Withdraws Troops from Central African Republic UPDF has started withdrawing its troops which have been serving in Central African […]
- Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) Chief, Joseph Kony Smuggling Ivory To Buy Arms OSINT SUMMARY The infamous guerilla and rebel chief, Joseph Kony is […]