At least three people including two children have been killed after several mortar shelling were fired, landing around Villa Somalia, the Presidential Palace of Somalia in Mogadishu on Thursday noon.
The shelling comes as Villa Somalia was hosting a hand-over ceremony with the presence of the outgoing President Hassan Sheikh Mohamed and the President-elect, Mohamed Farmajo.
Earlier this month, several mortar rounds were fires and landed near Aden Abdulle International Airport, Mogadishu, while the country preparing presidential election, but no casualties were reported.
No group has claimed responsibility for the heinous mortar attack on Villa Somalia.
- Mortar Shelling Targets Presidential Palace in Mogadishu, Somalia The Somalia based Al Qaeda-linked terrorist group known as Harakat Al-Shabaab […]
- Somali-based Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group Mortar Attack Hit Soft Target, Injures Civilians at Buluhubey Village The Somali-based Al-Shabaab terrorist group in an effort to remain relevant continues […]
- Somalia’s Mogadishu Rocked by Mortar Shelling ahead of Presidential Elections Tuesday evening 7/02/2017, explosion mortar attacks rocked Somalia’s Mogadishu […]
- Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo, Former PM Elected Somalia’s Next President 9/2/2017, Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo is the next elected president of […]
- Security Scaled-up in Somalia as East African Leaders Visit Mogadishu for President Farmajo’s Inauguration Mogadishu, Wednesday 22/2/2017: Security in Somalia has been scaled-up as Africa […]
- Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Asks AMISOM’s Help Secure Coming Elections Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud has expressed concerns over the security of […]
- Puntland Forces Capture More Areas in Southern Galkayo Town, Galmudug Puntland forces have captured more areas in southern Galkayo town of […]
- Terrorist Bomb Mogadishu with Mortars Al-Shabaab have bombed Somalia capital using mortars, intelligence officials […]