December 15, 2015: Royal Moroccan Navy in attempts to combat illegal seaborne activities like terrorism and piracy on the Mediterranean coast has ordered 5 Interceptor 1503 Vessels from Damen Shipyard Group.
The Interceptor 1503 is designed for ultra-fast operations with speeds of up to 60 knots and has impeccable resistance to impact making them very efficient and highly maneuverable.
Morocco is slotted to receive the ships starting from June 2016 a very valuable addition to the fleet of ships on the Royal Moroccan Navy’s inventory.
Morocco and other Sahel and Maghreb countries have been used by terrorists as an access route to and from Europe and the Middle East exposing them not only to terrorism agents but also other terror related crimes. The Interceptor 1503 is a very reliable rescue ship will help a lot in saving the lives of the thousands of migrants that drown in the area as they escape into Europe.
Countries within geographic vicinity of the war-torn regions are heavily investing in their Militaries in attempts to improve their capabilities of handling terrorism and terror related crimes.
- Migrant Crisis: UK Agrees To Deploy Royal Navy Warship to Libya OSINT SUMMARY UK agreed to deploy Royal Navy warship to the Mediterranean to […]
- Counter-Piracy Operation Atalanta Off Somali’s Coast Conduct Joint Training Operation Event Highlights: The week ending 8th January was marked by huge milestones for the […]
- Germany to Deploy 650 Troops to Fight Islamic State (IS) Smuggling in Mediterranean OSINT SUMMARY Germany cabinet on Wednesday 14th September 2016 gave a green […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Paris Attack Key Mastermind Arrested In Morocco Morocco authorities on January 18th announced the arrest of one of the fatal Paris […]
- China Donates Military Equipment to Liberia Armed Forces OSINT SUMMARY MONROVIA, February 10, 2016, On Wednesday Liberian President Ellen […]
- NATO Pledges Development, Anti-Piracy Projects In Somalia’s Galmudug State Highlights: Galmudug and NATO Navy commanders under the Indian Ocean Counter-piracy […]
- South Africa, Saudi Arabia in Joint Military Cooperation JOHANNESBURG, April 15, 2016 South Africa has confirmed it has military […]