Morocco has outlawed the production and sale of a full-face Muslim veil known as the Burqa or hijab citing security threat.
Undisclosed Moroccan government officials said the move is necessited with the rise cases of insecurity characterized by terror organizations.
Terror outfits have repeatedly used this garment across the world to perpetrate their vicious crimes.
The new move by the government has however been contested against by Salafist Muslim leaders who expressed misgivings that the ban will be a first step towards the prohibition of the wearing of the hijab and the niqab in a country whose majority of it population profess Islamism.
Most of them follow a moderate form of Islam, with women mainly wearing the hijab, which does not obscure the face, rather than burqas or niqabs.
The burqa’ – which totally covers a woman leaving her eyes only showing – has been gaining grounds in most Muslim communities globally. Some scholars have forbidden wearing it on the grounds that it is not Islamic in origin, and because it is used improperly.
Morocco is at the forefront of radicalism and the fight against violent extremism/terrorism in the North Africa region following an attack in 2003 in the capital Cassablanca. The attack killed over 40 people.
The burqa ban comes despite Islam’s status as Morocco’s official religion.
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Kill Al Shabaab Commander & Destroy Base in Bakol Raid OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 6th December 2015, a senior Al Shabaab commander was […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Muslim Community and Somalia People Joins Kenyans in Condemning Terrorism INTRODUCTION There are several myths linking Muslim with global terrorism. Such myths […]
- Morocco Purchases 5 Interceptor 1503 Boats; Combat Terrorism At Mediterranean Coast December 15, 2015: Royal Moroccan Navy in attempts to combat illegal seaborne activities […]
- 30 Civilians Killed in Al-Shabaab Militant’s Twin Blasts, Scores Injured in SYL Hotel, Mogadishu EVENT SUMMARY Friday 26th February 2016 evening, Al-Shabaab gunmen forced their […]
- ISIS-Libya Confirm Mombasa Female Suicide Bombers as Supporters Latest reports indicate that that the three female terrorists involved in the botched […]
- High Council of Muslims in Rwanda Bans Muslim Women from Wearing Full Faced Niqab During Eid celebrations in Rwanda, the Mufti of Rwandan Muslims Salim Hitimana […]
- Terrorist’s Accomplice Arrested after Botched Attack at Mombasa Central Police Station Police have arrested one person in connection with the botched terrorist attack at […]