1st January 2016, Security agencies in Kilifi and broader coastal region have been put on alert following intelligence of Mombasa Republican Council resurgence.
Intelligence reports provided indicated that militia group associated with land issues in coastal region has been recruiting new members.
Intelligence alerted possibility of the land militia group intentions of trying to disrupt new year celebrations in some parts of the coastal region.
Kilifi police boss Joshua ole Leina speaking on Thursday in his office said intelligence reports revealed the group planning to attack security installations in the county but said security team is well prepared to foil and neutralize any attempt by any group to cause disruption,.
Intelligence warns that MRC is recruiting new members in some areas including Kilifi, Kanamai and Mwarakaya. Some registration cards belonging to the group were recovered and were selling at Ksh 100 per card.
According to Leina, security agents are taking the matter seriously and upon receiving the intelligence, security officers have since been deployed to areas believed to be hot-spots.
However, Leina said security is heightened and assured members of the public as well as anyone touring the coastal region of their security as the festive season comes to a climax on New Year 2016.
- Security on Alert as Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) Start Recruiting New Members in the Region Security agents are closely monitoring the coastal separatist group, Mombasa […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Ahmed Yare, Al-Shabaab Terrorist Suspect Arrested in Isiolo in CT-Ops SECURITY BRIEF Friday 5th February 2016, counter-terrorism police today arrested […]
- Kenya’s Inspector General of Police Warns of Criminal Gangs Resurgence Ahead of 2017 Polls SECURITY BRIEF Kenya’s Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet on Friday 26th […]
- Kenya Security Agencies on High Alert To Preempt Possible Terror Threat During Festive Season KEY HIGHLIGHTS Kenyan security agencies early this week (Tuesday) announced formation […]
- 4 Terrorist Suspects Nabbed in Malindi, Coastal Region OSINT SUMMARY Police on Monday 20th June 2016, arrested four terror suspect […]
- Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) Say The Arrested Terror Suspect Mohammed Hussein NOT Their Officer EVENT SUMMARY On Wednesday 30th December 2015, three Al-Shabaab terrorist […]