Somalia politicians today have discussed a resolution to punish Kenya for the arrest Somali diplomats in Nairobi, intelligence sources report.
A debate on Friday sought to push the government in Mogadishu to stop all imports of khat/miraa from Kenya as a punitive measure.
This embargo will be in retaliation to Kenya’s alleged mistreatment of Somali diplomats and refugees, Dr. Shir Waco a legislator said.
Kenya has arrested some Somali diplomats on terror related links in the recent past.
Legislators in Somalia sought to punish Nairobi for these actions by urging the buyers of khat/miraa and the government to ban the commodity from Kenya.
Former legislator, Ali Mohamud Farah reiterated Somalia’s displeasure with Nairobi and supported the Khat embargo.
- Kenya Apologizes to Somalia Over Diplomats Arrests Somali intelligence sources reports that Kenya foreign ministry gave an official apology […]
- Kenya Aims to Repatriate Nearly Half of Dadaab Somali Refugees by End-2016 Kenya government aims to reduce the population of Somali refugee living in Dadaab […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya Security Wall To Progress Amidst Objection From Somali Government Event Summary: 12th November 2015, a meeting of Somali cabinet ministers revealed […]
- Zakariya Ismail Ahmed Hersi; Somalia Intelligence Lied About Capture of Al-Shabaab Intelligence Chief Zakariya Ismail Ahmed Hersi was not captured nor did he surrender to the Somali […]
- IGAD Summit Concludes in Mogadishu, Member Countries Reaffirms Support to Somalia The 28th extra-ordinary session of the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development […]
- Kenya & Turkey Support Somalia in Fight against Al-Shabaab Kenya and Turkey share the same vision on fighting terrorism and also on solving the […]
- UNHCR Repatriates Over 8,000 Somali Refugees From Kenya EVENT SUMMARY UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) resumed repatriation of […]