A Tense atmosphere overhangs the Turkish capital and cities, including Istanbul and Ankara, after the Turkish Armed Forces (TAM) staged a coup-de-tat raising fears that the security situation in Turkey would deteriorate.
The situation appears to grow more serious as OSINT & SOCMINT reports confirm extremely low flying F-16 fighter jets, tanks, and army humvees in the streets of the capital Ankara, besides the detaining of the army chief General by the rebelling army faction.
According to the Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim a faction of the TAM attempted a coup warning that those responsible and involved would be severely punished, an indicator the Government was still in control or trying to put a brave face in adversity.
Intelligence reports show that some Generals in the Turkish army are responsible for the coup besides taking over one of the Turkish main airports including Ataturk.
The Generals ordered the closure of the bridges over Bosphorus in Istanbul using army trucks causing heavy traffic snarl-up
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has not issued a statement on the incident yet. However, the situation is now under spotlight. The eyes of the world will focus on the unfolding events intently.
*The current Chief of the General Staff is General Hulusi Akar, The Chief of the General Staff is the Commander of the Armed Forces. In wartime, he acts as the Commander in Chief on behalf of the President of Turkey
- Turkey Claim Airspace Violation by Russian Warplanes; Threaten To Take Action EVENT SUMMARY Turkey on Friday 29th January 2016 claimed of airspace violation […]
- Turkey Declares 3-month State of Emergency Following Botched Coup against Govt ANKARA, July 21, 2016 Wednesday 20th July 2016, Turkish President Recep […]
- Turkey Set to Open its Military Base in Somalia in April this Year Turkey is set to open its military base in Somalia in April this year according to […]
- Turkey Says Ready to Pay Compensation for Downed Russian Jet in Syria OSINT SUMMARY In a move aimed at reaching out Russia, Turkey said is ready to […]
- Turkish Forces Killed 3,000 Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, President Erdogan Says OSINT SUMMARY Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday 11th May […]
- Turkish Special Forces Captured 11 Soldiers Involved in Bid to ‘Kidnap’ Erdogan OSINT SUMMARY Turkish Special Forces conducted an operation capturing 11 […]
- US To Deploy F-15E Fighter Jets to Turkey OSINT SUMMARY Tuesday 10th November 2015, Pentagon said it will be sending F-15E […]
- Turkish Fighter Jets Strike 24 PKK Targets in Southeast Turkish fighter jets have hit 24 targets of Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) militants […]