UK agreed to deploy Royal Navy warship to the Mediterranean to help tackle arms smuggling in Libya.
Speaking during the G7 summit in Japan, British Prime Minister David Cameron stressed on UK’s active leadership role in helping Libya handle the menace of people trafficking and migration crisis.
UK HSM Enterprise is already operating in the Mediterranean and UK will be seeking UN approval for the new warship to seize boats taking arms and ammunition to the so-called Islamic State that has set camp in Libya.
If the approval is granted, UK would deploy the warship and will work closely with EU to tackle people trafficking arms in the central Mediterranean.
The UK also plans to send a training team to "assist" with the implementation of plans to help train the Libyan coastguard, Cameron added.
The move comes after images of a deadly capsizing boat were released on Wednesday by Italian Navy.
Nearly 6,000 migrants trying to reach Europe illegally through the Mediterranean have been reported.
- Morocco Purchases 5 Interceptor 1503 Boats; Combat Terrorism At Mediterranean Coast December 15, 2015: Royal Moroccan Navy in attempts to combat illegal seaborne activities […]
- Germany to Deploy 650 Troops to Fight Islamic State (IS) Smuggling in Mediterranean OSINT SUMMARY Germany cabinet on Wednesday 14th September 2016 gave a green […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- Joint Offensive; Russia, UK and US Troops Arrive in Libya OSINT SUMMARY 25th January 2016, a joint U.S, UK and Russian war offensive is […]
- 22-Year Old Refugee Somali Imam Arrested In Italy For Planning Attack On Rome Train Station Highlights: Italian counterterrorist police have arrested a 22-year old […]
- Al Muhajiroun Denies Links To Radical Preacher Accused Of Terrorism In The UK Event: Radical preacher Anjem Choudary appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ […]
- UK Royal Air Force Anti-ISIL Air Strikes Campaigns Kills 330 Takfiris Britain's Defence Secretary Michael Fallon on Thursday 17th September 2015 reported […]
- U.S. Back Libya’s Unity Government Against Arms Embargo OSINT SUMMARY, May 17, 2016 Libya’s unity government has received […]