Coast regional coordinator Nelson Marwa warned terror linked charity organizations (NGOs) to stop recruiting street children in the pretext of helping them saying drastic legal actions will be taken against them.
Marwa warned of the suspicious charity organizations at the coast region recruiting street children in guise that they are rehabilitating them but their intention is to have them join terrorist groups.
Government has launched investigations into such organizations in Kwale, Lamu, Malindi and Mombasa.
Marwa speaking in Witu, Lamu on Tuesday made the revelations that some NGOs at the coast are operating on behalf of the terror-linked cartels. The NGOs are recruiting youth between 20 to 26 years who are underprivileged, unsuspecting street children; training them on terror related activities
“We are aware and we are already deep with our investigations and very soon we shall have them brought to book. We won’t allow few people to take advantage of the desperate and poor people in the society and put the country’s security at risk,” said Marwa.
The tough regional coordinator warned the youth at the coast against joining criminal gangs such as Wakali Kwanza saying the government shall not spare any individual that deliberately disrupts security.
Marwa also pointed out that the government is keenly following activities of youths posing as fishermen, spending considerable amount of time at the sea with intention of crossing over to Somali and join terror groups.
- Kenya Authorities Extends Amnesty Period for Al-Shabaab Recruits to Surrender Kenya authorities have extended the amnesty period in order for more Al-Shabaab […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Questions Rashid Juma Mwakimako, Al-Shabaab Recruiter in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Police reports from Mombasa indicate that Kenya’s […]
- Al-Shabaab Suffer Huge Blow as Hundreds of Recruits Return to Lamu The Somali based Islamist group Al-Shabaab continues to suffer huge blow as hundreds […]
- Coast Regional Coordinator Nelson Marwa Say Most Wanted Terror Suspects Killed in Mombasa Nelson Marwa, Coast Regional Coordinator lauded police officers saying they have […]
- Terror Suspect Killed, 3 Arrested in Malindi Anti-terror Ops A terror suspect was killed and three others arrested during a shootout during […]
- Mombasa County Commissioner Join Imams to Fight Terror in Coastal Region OSINT SUMMARY Mombasa County Commissioner has stressed the importance of […]
- UN Report Signals Alarm That Most of Al-Shabaab’s Fighters in Somalia are Kids A recent report has signaled alarm that most of Al-Shabaab’s fighters in […]
- British National Arrested in an Al-Shabaab Swoop in Gigiri Police drawn from Flying Squad and Special Crime Prevention Unit Tuesday midday […]