An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border area of the Kenya-Somalia border on 22nd of September 2015.
The explosion was caused by an improvised explosive device (IED) or a landmine detonated by elements of the Somali Islamists Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen.
Initial intelligence assessment report the explosion targeted a police patrol vehicle, however none of the police officers onboard died.
Kenya army (KDF) cordoned the scene of the accident.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Army Destroys 2 SVBIED, 1 Detonates Outside KDF Kulbiyow FOB The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) have today morning (27th/1/2017) destroyed 2 suicide […]
- KDF, Anti-terror Police Launch Manhunt For Al-Shabaab Operatives Along Kenya-Somalia Border OSINT SUMMARY June 7,2016, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) and the Anti-terror […]
- Militants Killed in Kenya Army Airstrike in Gedo Somalia The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) conducted airstrikes in the Gedo region of Somalia […]
- 5 Kenya Army (KDF) Officer’s Injured in IED Attack in Hulugho Somalia 5 Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) officers were injured when their vehicle was hit by an […]
- Suspected IED Bomb Found in Nairobi’s Eastleigh SECURITY BRIEF A suspected IED bomb has been recovered in Nairobi’s Eastleigh on 11th […]
- Car Bomb Explosion at Entrance of Wehliye Hotel in Mogadishu, Five Killed Monday 13/3/2017 At least five people have been killed in a car bomb that exploded at […]