Mandera governor Ali Roba has called on residents to help the government fight radicalization that spiraled terrorists activities in the region.
Speaking at a public gathering in Mandera town over the weekend, governor Roba noted the ills of terrorism that have greatly hurt development.
The government urged locals to provide security with necessary information them may help stem down radicalization in the region.
Intelligence has warned of the region harbouring terrorists which in turn attacks non-locals.
Governor Roba warned of the trend by the terrorists attacking non-locals saying the County can afford work on Isolation.
Al-Shabaab which have local sympathizers have killed more than 100 innocent people since 2014; this has made the rest of the country to visit the region, Roba added.
Following the recent spate of attacks by suspected Al-Shabaab terrorists and sympathizers on a Boshaaro lodge Mandera town, the government put a curfew for two months to address the security in the region.
- Mandera County Commissioner Call Residents NOT to Harbour Al-Shabaab Terrorists Mandera County Commissioner Fredrick Shisia called on residents not to harbour […]
- Kenya Government Imposes Dusk to Dawn Curfew in Mandera County Kenya government has imposed dusk to dawn curfew in Mandera following the recent […]
- 3 Terrorist Suspects Detained over Links with Botched Mombasa Police Station Attack Three terrorist suspects were on Tuesday 13th September 2016 charged with harbouring […]
- Al-Shabaab Spies To Be Treated as Terrorists, Security Authorities Warn Lamu Villagers OSINT SUMMARY Security at the coastal County of Lamu has warned […]
- Somali National Army (SNA) Refute Claims that Al-Shabaab Captured El Wak Town Somali National Army has refuted reports published by local media that Al-Shabaab […]
- Kenya Police Unbowed, Escort of Buses Plying Mandera-Nairobi Route Continues Kenya security agents to continues with their duty of keeping the country safe, and […]
- 30 Suspected Al-Shabaab Militants Arrested in a Major Security Swoop in Lower Shabelle Lower Shabelle, March 14, 2016 At least 30 Al-Shabaab suspected were arrested […]
- Kenya’s Security in Northeastern Region Improved; Says County Commissioner, Fredrick Shisia Security agents have been lauded for their relentless effort in making northeastern […]