Malian forces reportedly have killed five Islamist terrorists involved in an attack on a luxury resort popular with western expatriates and tourists outside Mali’s capital Bamako.
According to security minister, unidentified gunmen attacked the resort, Le Campement Kangaba on Sunday, killing two of the guests.
Security forces have rescued 36 residents, including 13 French citizens.
The security minister Salif Traore said there is no doubt it was a terrorist attack. Anti-terror forces arrived on the scene immediately and killed five terrorists as operations continued throughout the night.
Al Qaeda in the Islamic Magreb and other Islamist groups have claimed attacks on Western targets in Mali and the wider West Africa region in the past.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
- France To Deploy Paramilitary Police Force To Burkina Faso; Fight Al Qaeda’s (AQIM) OSINT Summary: France has said that it will deploy a paramilitary police […]
- Mali Islamist Terrorist Leader Announces Unilateral Cease-fire The leader of the Islamist terrorist group Ansar Dine agreed cease-fire in […]
- Burkina Faso Security Forces Dismantles an Al-Qaeda linked Recruiters Cell Burkina Faso Security Forces have successfully dismantled an Al-Qaeda linked cell […]
- French Forces Kills 20 Terrorists on Mali, Burkina Faso Border French Forces killed more than 20 terrorists who were hiding in a forest near Mali […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Ivory Coast Arrest 15 Terrorists, Tracking Key Suspect In Relation To The Grand-Bassam Beach Resort Attack March 23, 2016: Authorities in Ivory Coast have arrested 15 people in relation to the […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan Offers To Support West Africa in Fighting Terrorism OSINT SUMMARY Turkey’s president Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday 1st March 2016 announced […]